Popular Posts

Friday, March 16, 2012

Help Me Remember the Days of Creation by Delphine Branon Bates Review

Help Me Remember the Days of Creation by Delphine Branon Bates


This book doesn't fail.  It really does help you remember the days of creation.  I honestly would not have been able to rattle them off in order without really thinking about it before this book.  This book helps you remember by turning the number of the day into what was created that day.  For example, on the first day God created light, so the number 1 is turned into a candle.  What I also like is that it asks the child to find groups of like things on each page.  So on day four, it will ask you to find groups of four like things.  This makes it relate-able all the way up through lower elementary.  The only thing that bothers me about this book is that each day does not have an equal number of "like" things to find.  Day 6 has five groups of like things and day 3 only has one.  You may think I'm just being OCD here, but kids like patterns and knowing what to expect.  For this reason I knocked one star off my recommendation.  I still think this is a great read and good learning tool though. Bates has written two other books like this, "Help Me Remember the Plagues of Egypt" and "Help Me Remember the Ten Commandments."  I'd like to read them as well. Maybe someone will buy them for "R" soon.


RFMK Stats

Rating: * * * * *

Age Level: 3- 8

RMFK Stamp of Approval: You Betcha

No comments:

Post a Comment