Popular Posts

Friday, March 16, 2012

Belly Button Book! by Sandra Boynton Review

Belly Button Book! by Sandra Boynton

This is a rhyming book about hippos' bellybuttons.  They show their bellybuttons in the summer and they hide them in the winter.  The basis of the book is cute, but there is a song in the middle of the book that they sing about their belly buttons that really bothers me.  It doesn't rhyme or have meter, which I just find irritating.  Also, I come from the perspective that belly buttons are private. Gasp! I said it.  We don't allow our kids to show their mid-section, so the fact that the hippos are showing off their belly buttons doesn't really work for me.  It's never too early to start teaching modesty and I'm sure there are better books out there to teach baby about their belly button than this.

RFMK Stats

Rating: * * * * *

Age Level: Infant- 3

RFMK Stamp of Approval: Nope

No comments:

Post a Comment